Sunday, April 11, 2010

Propelled by what?

This question has been nagging me for three days now. In the context of our musical worship (shocking content, I know)--are we propelled only by musical energy or is there something deeper within our hearts driving us?


If within minutes of leaving the church parking (which happens VERY quickly around here. Side note-reminds me of the cartoons where someone races out of a room and the door is left swinging back and forth and creaking...) the "fulfillment" that you feel fades, you probably have your answer. Don't expect a miracle if you are a "Christian" one day a week.

In a lot of what I do, I find myself worrying about having a good mix of upbeat and more reflective tempoed songs. Or about who will like or dislike this song or that song, or whatever it may be. And then I usually get frustrated with myself, scrap everything, and start over.

Well, this nagging question, coupled with my own dissatisfaction of how I've been leading in worship, has led me to do something frightening. Worship tomorrow will be interesting. More importantly I believe it will be God-honoring and Christ-exalting.

I hope that in light of the Word of God, and in the power of the Holy Spirit, we will be propelled to a new place of worship.


God help us. God help me.


What are you propelled by? Are you a person who "worships" in such a way that makes this question necessary? I don't need to know your answer, just puttin it out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment